Skip to main content

Parity Lab’s New Partnership with DAWN Worldwide 🤝



Parity Lab is delighted to partner with DAWN Worldwide (Direct Action for Women Now) to continue building an ecosystem of support for grassroots organizations led by rural women leaders fighting gender-based violence in India. This partnership will strengthen the capacity of visionary and passionate change-makers at the partner organizations to address violence against women and girls, and create sustainable change from the bottom-up!

With DAWN’s financial support and mentorship, Parity Lab will be able to expand operations on site in India. This will be key to enriching Parity Lab’s acceleration program, catalyzing grassroots organizations, and developing deep relationships with the organizations and communities that they support. A new full-time Strategy and Operations Lead will work extensively with the partner organizations based in marginalized rural communities.

“It takes visionary funders like DAWN to fund early-stage organizations like ours to bring in catalytic long-term change to this sector. We are very grateful and excited to work closely with the DAWN Worldwide team over the next year,” said Mathangi, Founder of Parity Lab.

"This partnership with Parity Lab will lead us to challenge the existing structure and systems that hinder gender equality", said Geeta Aiyer, Co-Founder, DAWN WorldWide. “My team and I are committed to supporting marginalized community leaders that lead the way and are brave in finding solutions to make a profound impact in their communities".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Responsibility

What does responsibility mean? Most of us want to be seen as responsible, and we like others to be responsible towards us but I notice that we rarely discuss or even define what this idea of responsibility might be all about.What does it mean in a given context, or is it beyond context? What is my responsibility, and what is not my responsibility? Who decided that it is my responsibility? I have realised that this absence - of understanding, of definitions - leads to a lot of ill effects: abuse, ill health, anxiety, depression and more. I believe that instead of saying “I am responsible”, it might be better to say “I am responsible for”. It makes a lot of difference when we become specific. Further, even when I say “I am responsible for” something, I have learned to ask myself if that is really true, and what might it mean if it were true. For example, it was believed for generations that cooking for the family is a woman’s responsibility. It is only now that we have started to questio...

Holding Many Realities at Once.

“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” — Marcel Proust Some conversations do not end just because the meeting ended. They remain with you, sitting quietly in your thoughts long after the zoom room has emptied. Over the past month, as we began our workshops with the Grameen Jyothi fellows, I have often found myself returning to the stories shared in the spaces, and I am noticing a shift in how I look at the world ( and myself, sometimes). These are stories of people working at the frontline, of women mentoring other women, of girls facing gender-based violence at home, in workplaces, and within systems that were never made to protect them. Honestly, each workshop feels less like a professional engagement and more like entering lived worlds that exist parallel to mine. I sit there less as a facilitator and more as a listener. Sometimes I am a mere observer from what feels like a vanta...

Trauma Healing: From the Individual to the Collective

For a long time, I believed that trauma healing was a personal journey. I experienced trauma, and it was my responsibility to heal—with support from a therapist, facilitator, or teacher. But then I came across a quote by Judith Herman that shifted my understanding: “If traumatic disorders are afflictions of the powerless, then empowerment must be the central principle of recovery. If trauma shames and isolates, then recovery must take place in the community.” Artwork Credits:  Dominique McDonnell-Palomares This resonated deeply. As I engaged with women in our fellowships, I witnessed how true these words are. Empowerment often begins with recognizing our patterns, reclaiming our boundaries, and prioritizing safety—especially by connecting with the body. Our bodies are biological, yes, but they are also relational. Safety, for many of us, is not found in isolation but in connection. The body feels safest when held in the presence of others who see, hear, and honor it. Healing, then...